Pre Camp

So, pre camp is over!! This is the mandatory 7-9 day training that all summer camps in the US have to provide for all their staff before the campers arrive. It's been fun and I've loved meeting all the staff from around the globe but I'm absolutely shattered. In fact, my mum even messaged me today to ask if I was getting enough sleep as I looked so tired in the photos I had posted on Instagram!
Throughout pre camp we have learnt all about the importance of safety for both us and the campers, team building exercises, and making the camp spotless for the first set of campers to arrive on Sunday. Earlier this week we all had to move into different units around camp so that we were in the right spaces for the program we are running. I've been given the outdoor adventure program for 7-9 year olds. This is what I wanted so I'm pleased. I was also given a promotion from unit counselor to unit leader which I'm excited but also nervous for as it'll be my responsibility to make sure that the unit program runs smoothly and that nothing goes wrong. 
This week has been more chilled, we went to IHOP for breakfast one day and the camp took us all out for ice cream at the local ice creamery last night as a well done for making it through pre camp. As we have had this afternoon off for the end of pre camp, Chef B took myself and two of the German girls to a German bar in oldtown Leesburg for a pint! I can't remember the name of what I had but it was so nice to chat to locals and be in the company of adults in the real world.
Speaking of Chef B, I was planning to loose weight this summer because of the amount of activity I'll be doing but I don't think that's going to happen due to the incredible food that he cooks. His apple pie is the best thing I've ever eaten and the left overs are put in the staff house so I can just pop in there on my way through camp and just grab a piece. It's a dangerous habit to get into. If there is anyone from home reading this, I'm getting low on tea bags if you want to help a girl out and pop some in the post.
We have another day off tomorrow and we're planning a trip to the outlet stores for some retail therapy and some non camp food. I'm going to try not to spend too much as I still need to plan my post camp travels!
XOXO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Packing....

Welcome!!

I've arrived at Camp!!