Packing....


Summer camp is getting closer! In T minus 10 days I will be leaving the UK for hotter climates and screaming children. I’m sat on a night shift so I thought I’d write another blog post on what I have and will be doing in the lead up to camp and how I am dealing with it all. I’m sorry if I babble, it’s the middle of the night. I’m tired ok! So I’m sat here counting the shifts I have left until I leave (3 if you want to know!!) and all I can think is I’m going to forget to pack something important, if you know me you’ll know I’ll probably forget my passport. These past few weeks packing has been on my mind but it’s stressing me out as I have to move out of my flat and back to my parents before I fly so I can’t really pack anything in Bournemouth as most of my things are at home in Sussex.

For those of you who are thinking about signing up to Camp America next year you’ll learn that you will get sent so many different packing lists from Camp America, your camp, previous counsellors and storytellers and it’s all getting a bit much.  I’ve decided to take a rucksack rather than a suitcase to get the real travelling experience and that all important Insta photo at the airport. However, a rucksack means less space so I’ll have to halve my luggage and then halve it again if I’m going to get my bag to close!

I went to Mountain Warehouse today and found the perfect bag separator that includes a wash bag to make it easier to find what I need when on the move. The wash bag also folds up nicely so it doesn’t take up too much room. I also found a rash guard and one piece swim suit to wear around the pool as some camps do not allow their female counsellors to show too much skin in front of the campers. The rash guard will also stop me from burning in the water.

Another useful item I found is a lantern that also turns into a torch/ flashlight (getting my American lingo in now). I can hang the lantern in the middle of the cabin so we have some sort of light in the evening and then I can also hang it on my rucksack when we go hiking. It’ll also be useful to use when I get woken up by a child in need of help or support from homesickness during the night.

I’m sure this is just the beginning of the list and I’ll end up buying a lot more when I’m in America but at least I’m trying to get organised! Maybe I should start a list?

10 days to go!

Comments

  1. Awesome work Man! Here is a free website which will provide free fonts to you;

    Royalty Free Fonts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!!

I've arrived at Camp!!