I've arrived at Camp!!

I've made it and managed to survive two full days here at Camp Potomac Woods! My host family who picked me up from the air port were lovely! She took us out for dinner on the first night and then sent us into Washington for the day on Tuesday. I loved walking round the city and seeing all the capitol buildings. I think Washington is one of my favorite cities as it is so quiet and peaceful compared to other capital cities.
It's definitely rustic here at camp as the loos are really just a massive hole in the ground with an extended toilet seat on top. My first day was interesting, I woke up with conjunctivitis and was isolated from the rest of the staff until I could get some eye drops from Target. I then got stung by a wasp twice but that was the end of my misfortunes for now!
We have 9 days of training until the camp starts which has been really fun! Lots of getting to know you games and team building. There are so many international staff here it's great to hear so many languages around.
I have found it really easy to be myself make sure I talk to different people here so I can get on with everyone i'll be working with this summer.
This morning we went to get our social security numbers so we can get paid whilst we're at camp.
I'm off to lunch now. See you soon xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Packing....

Welcome!!