Children

Camp has officially started! The first set of campers arrived last week and left on Friday. We are nearly half way through the second week of campers! The days fly by that's for sure. Last week I was running an outdoor adventure program for 7-9 year olds and I was shattered by the end of it! This week I've got the same age group but it's a mermaid magic program with lots of swimming! This morning we had a polar bear swim before breakfast which I think the campers secretly enjoyed even though they moaned!
I seriously underestimated the amount of help that this age group needed! I have to make sure I physically see what they have in their swimming bags before we leave for the pool or there will be chaos when we eventually arrive for swimming. I learnt that the hard way! 
I've made a swimming bag list on a whiteboard we have in our unit house so the girls can have some independence on checking that they have all the right things. I struggled towards the end of last week as I felt like I was nagging the campers all week, making sure they had everything and getting them all to listen is an endless task. However, at the end of the week I was bundled by them all in a big hug so I guess they didn't resent me too much. But anyone with childcare experience who has any tips on getting 8 year olds to listen, I'm all ears!

This past weekend a lot of us went to the Leesburg Village complex where we had some food and went to see Toy Story 4. That was an emotional trip! After we went to Sweet Frog which is the best frozen yogurt shop I've ever been in! I've honestly never seen so many flavours and toppings!

I'm starting to miss home a bit more now party because it's getting towards the birthday seasons with family and friends but I'm able to speak to them more that I thought I would be able to even if it is a short phone call. 

I'm hoping to update the blog a bit more so I'll keep you posted
XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Packing....

Welcome!!

I've arrived at Camp!!